Sequence tools - enter sequence in upper box, then
click appropriate button to see result in lower box.
Non-sequence characters are converted to N (including numbers) - you can use "clean sequence", then "copy result as new sequence" if your sequence contains spaces, numbers or non-standard characters.
- Reverse - eg AGCCT to TCCGA
- Complement - eg AGCCT to TCGGA (may be slow with long sequences)
- Reverse complement - eg AGCCT to AGGCT (may be slow with long sequences)
- Content analysis - gives base counts and %GC
- Clean sequence - removes spaces, numbers and non-standard characters - use with caution if your sequence contains anything other than A, G, C, T, a, g, c, t (can handle some IUB ambiguity codes). Creates lines of 80 nucleotides.
(Copyright OEGE, 2006)
© 2005-2006 Online Encyclopedia for Genetic Epidemiology studies (www.oege.org ). Please contact email@example.com with any enquiries or contributions.
No guarantees are made of the accuracy or completeness of this site, and no liability can be accepted for any losses resulting from its use.